Friday 22 June 2012

My Top Foundation of the Moment

Today i'm going to talk about the Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation. I'd heard a lot about her foundations and decided to give one a try.

I don't know where to start..
It's described as a long-wearing, rich and luminous oil-free foundation, offering full coverage while hydrating and protecting the skin. I can't disagree with any of that! There's 35ml of product and it's designed for all skin types.

I like my medium to full coverage foundations. I like the flawless look and this foundation definitely gives me that! Its quite thick in consistency and a little goes a long way so although its on the pricier side, it lasts me ages. The finish is dewy rather than matt which I prefer with my foundations.
I am in the colour 'Beige Ivory' (I fake tan!)




Some foundations tend to go patchy on my skin and this is one that doesn't. An example of a foundation that went patchy on me is the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. There was a lot of hype over that foundation but I really didn't like it. I really wanted to like it.. but it just wasn't gonna happen! Slightly off track there...

I purchased my Silk Creme foundation back in March and I'm just running out now, so its lasted me quite a while. It lasts well on my skin (I work 9 hours a day) and I never have to touch up. I do wear primer but i don't have to with this foundation, I just prefer to. My skin has an an oilier T-zone at this time of year so I always set it with a powder (Mac Mineralize Skin finish) to help it last that little bit longer.

It's priced at £33 which I wouldn't normally spend on a foundation but because I love it so much, I have to have it & it's definitely worth every penny.

Overall this is one of my favourite foundations ever and i would definitely recommend it.

Check it out here
Link


Have you tried any Laura Mercier foundations before?



































































































 

20 comments:

  1. It looks completely flawless on you! Have you tried Estee Lauder double wear?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) well... Years ago I tried it and I didn't like it at all :( it looked awful on my skin and really dried it out. I didn't used to prime my skin or have a good skin care routine back then so I might give it another try.. X

      Delete
    2. I was just wondering how it compared to this! I think I might buy this at some point so I can compare!x

      Delete
    3. I think it's quite different to the Laura Mercier. Double Wear is more of a matt finish I think and it's not as creamy in consistency as the silk creme. I def think you should try it, espesh if you like your medium/full coverage foundations like me x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review! I've heard a lot of good things about this foundation, so I think I'll give it a shot this fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really wanted to love this foundation, the finish is so amazing.. But the color selection is terrible and poor :((.. I'm glad you found the perfect shade :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they don't have the best variety of shades .. Such a shame :( x

      Delete
  4. Im dying to try something from the laura mercier range x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the blushes are also good. Im looking forward to trying them :) x

      Delete
  5. Nice foundation..
    I like using foundation to cover up my birth mark :D
    Is this foundation good and thick enough? (just by applying a bit)

    Make sure to join OASAP giveaway here
    Follow my blog at:
    www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really thick in consistency yea so maybe give it a try Hun x

      Delete
  6. Love this post as silk creme is my favorite foundation too!! I use this and then set it with Cargo Blu Ray HD powder on top. It seriously lasts all day for me. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I'm enjoying reading your blog...new follower here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it too! It's amazing! :) thanks Hun x

      Delete